Monday, May 23, 2011

Assignment 1 Final Images with written statement

After much contemplating I have arrived to six photos that I feel I have to show you. Enjoy! 


In this first photograph (^) I wanted my perspective to be evident that I was looking up. I had to adjust my aperture, shutter speed along with my ISO so the amount of light came through was just right. I really wanted to emphasize the power of the sun. It gives light and energy to everything around us. It gives strength to plants, animals, and people. I feel as if this picture might help portray the sense of hope.  I could see this picture relating to saving the environment and keeping nature beautiful. Nature gives us hope so we need to preserve it.  

People like this one because they said that they like the lighting and the way the trees framed the sky. They also like the detail in tree branches. I am a fan of this one because of the use of the sun I would like to photograph more images/people with a bright sun in the background to see what other possibilities this type of photograph can take me to.  

People like this one because the clouds look like they are coming out at you. They liked the outlined of the trees and they like the amount of contrast I used. I think if I were to launch this in a series of photographs I would continue with clouds. They make very interesting shapes and colors that allow for many interpretations. 

In this photo I wanted to capture this German Shepard's calmness yet i feel this picture has a fierceness about it. it makes you wonder what he is looking at or what is his thinking. In this I wanted to focus on lighting so we went out to capture midday lighting and I fell that I achieved that very well. The light accents the light and dark fur well I also like that I captured the movement of the wind in the fur.This picture may also portray the promotion of an animal being mans best friend.  


People like the lighting on the dog and how it shows the details in the fur. Another part of this they liked was how you can see the direction of the wind. I would like to photograph any type of animal more in depth to capture them in their environment. 
In this photo I want to present the flowers as people My intention was to keep the focus on the tulips while making the background dark. I personally like the halo effect on the flowers because it helps create an importance on them. The halo allows your eyes to be drawn to the flowers automatically and also makes the flowers appear to pop out of the flat picture. I can see this picture relating to all the natural beauty that surrounds us but you would never know it if you overlook. Sometimes we need to just stop and appreciate what's around us otherwise we may miss out on natural beauty. 


People like this photo because the detail in the flowers were so evident. They like how the lighting almost makes them look like people. The flowers are in a portrait like state. The details in the petals allow the viewer to be able to identify the texture. I would use this photo to start off a series of macro photos of flowers. 
People enjoyed this one because they liked the placement of the flowers in the frame, along with the amount of detail. Some interpreted this almost like stars or a galaxy. Mainly because of the detail inside of the flowers. Again I would use this photo to launch a series of photos that were close up images of anything really especially if there is a lot of detail. 

1 comment: