Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Photo Recreation

Anton Stanowski. Eye-Montage, 1927.

Recreation


Original 

Anton Stankowski was born in Gelsenkirchen, Westphalia on June 18, 1906. He was a decorator and church painter before attending Folkwang University of arts. The first Image above is called Eye-Montage, 1927.

Anton Stankowski's talent for combining techniques of fine and applied arts is widely recognized because he was one of the first artists to help pave the way for his unique and original style dealing with graphic art. There were rule he had to follow because he was one of the first to create the rules. This allowed him to experiment more and have more freedom. 

Anton created visual elements that communicated things that couldn't be seen. In the Eye-montage it was hard find any information that explained what he was trying to convey. From what I can tell is he focused on the eye because that is the clearest part of the photograph. However, he does create some tension by making it difficult to understand the rest. Perhaps, he is relating it to how we do not always understand everything in life.

I appreciate this particular picture because it is soothing to look at. I think I would like this more if there was more information about it. 

Recreation

I recreated the image with trying to keep the same color scheme. I also wanted to focus on the eye and create a similar shape with the black around it. I also tried to keep the same lighting because he made that very important. 

I believe my image is a recreation of the original because it looks similar to the original. I tried to keep the movement of the composition as closely as I could to the original while allowing different materials separate my image from the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment